Monday, September 24, 2007

Back to life



It's been a while since my last blog post.. It doesn't mean that my life has stopped or Estonia has lost Internet connection. I think it is just time to raise from the ashes.

It's been crazy time since I got back from Atlanta; trying to find a place in Estonia, hosting my friends Alex and Gavin, having Bear Week for university students, week-long trip to conference in Czech, etc. So I guess it is just easier to start from something and hope that the blog post would end up somewhere.

I had had probably best summer of my life in America this year. I met many amazing people, got to find out more about North Point Community Church and their Music Department, and of course, get to know my old friends more. So here is was now, at Tallinn airport again. I was back in Estonia, full of excitement what's going to happen this year at our church and what God has in His plans for me, yet back to a country that is full of depression and selfishness. But it's the place to be.

In some weeks 2 of my great friends from America came to visit me: Alex and Gavin. We had very good time in Tallinn and Tartu. After showing them around, we toke off with my car to Latvia, Riga. After that we headed to an island to the west of Estonia - Saaremaa. We spent a day there and then it was time them to leave. I was so thankful to God for sending them to me that time, because I needed that encouragement to keep on going and finding my pace here in Estonia, outside of Christian bubble.

Two weeks ago a team from Atlanta came over to help us out with a university festival called 'Bear week'. It was a week full of active games, free breakfasts and concerts. Also, Kristian Stanfill and his band came with the team. They had amazing impact on people here. We could see a lot of new faces at our events and services. Also, it was very encouraging for people to meet those guys - men of faith and worship. To see some photos of Thursday night concert, visit Evelin's website.

So last week, me and 9 other brave Risttee leaders toke off to Czech, to Josiah Venture Fall Conference. It was about leading people. The whole time was great time getting to know other team members better and getting more encouraged of what God is doing in our lives and in Estonia and whole Eastern Europe. Also, Märt Saar decided to start working for Going UP International, so we'll see what God has in His hands for him also.

This was quick overview of what's been going on lately in my life (kind of events wise). I want to just let you know that God's been extremely faithful to me and I am continuing to pray for His plans going into action in my life.

Alright, I apologize to people who've been reading my blog and haven't had anything to read for a while, but... I'm back.

Going to sleep now!
Till the next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my man is back! good to know what's going down in estonia man.

-casey