Friday, September 28, 2007

Hope




It's been crazy week! Trying to figure things out at school, putting together Risttee music schedule, managing free time, money.. All these might be pretty serious distractions that slowly get us off the course. Last days I have been pretty puzzled of what's been going on with me. Have you ever felt that you need to do something but you just don't know what you're looking for. Do I look for attention? Money? Relationships? Peace in God? And why is it that if we aren't really sure of what we need to do, we do things that for sure are not the right things to do? ...

Yesterday I was listening to a online sermon by Louie Giglio. He was speaking about hope that we have in difficult moments. He used chapter John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." For me it helped to realize again (we so often forget), that life gets harder sometimes. And there are moments we don't realize at all what is going on and it might just seem that God has left us alone with our issues, and He won't deal with us before we've figured them out on our own. Sometimes serious things happen to our friends, to our family members, and we think: "Why doesn't God have control over our things? He has made blind to see and has rose dead to life. Why doesn't He heal me or him/her this time". It is so real, in all of our lives. But what God tells us is to take heart. It might sound really cheesy, but there is still hope. Often that is all we've got. All I've got...

No comments: